"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Healthy Almond Joy Shake THM~S


Ya'll loved my Healthy Peanut Butter Cup Milkshake (<---- link) as much as I did, so I created another treat I love but THM style! Oh, Almond Joy! Coconut, chocolate and almonds....need I say more?

Don't let a fear of cottage cheese scare you! It creates a creamy base without the tang of greek yogurt, trust me you won't even know it's in there.

If you know me, you know I don't measure anything! I just don't. So, all my measurements are approximate, please make it your own and tweak, tweak, tweak!! 

1/2 c. lowfat cottage cheese
1-1 1/2 c. Almond Breeze Coconut and Almond Milk Blend or sub 1/2 coconut milk 1/2 almond milk
a heaping scoop of vanilla whey protein powder (please read the serving for your brand of protein)
a chunk of skinny chocolate for THM'ers or sub 1/4 c. sugar free chocolate chips 
Truvia or stevia to taste (I used a tablespoon of Truvia because I like sweet things)
a splash of vanilla
almond extract would be a yummy addition here!
two large handfuls of ice

Blend cottage cheese and milk till smooth and creamy.

Add all ingredients but chocolate and blend till smooth.

Add chunk of chocolate and blend till it turns into tiny chips.

Enjoy your Almond Joy!

This makes a large shake or two smaller shakes.

If you are wondering what THM is, Please read my review here: Trim Healthy Mama Book Review.

I appreciate any and all comments. In fact I love them and they make my day!

 So please let me know if you like it, or how you tweaked it!

Blessings, Nicole

linking up here~Stacy Makes Cents


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried this and I loved it!!

Stacy Makes Cents said...

Wowza! This one looks even better than the other one! Nahhhh. I like them both equally. :-)
Thanks for linking at Trim Healthy Tuesday!

Anonymous said...

Just made it and added a little almond extract, a little coconut extract and a little unsweetened coconut. Delicious, definitely a keeper. Thanks for sharing

Jaedyn said...

I just made this - SO yummy! I used about a tablespoon coconut milk (from a can) and added skinny chocolate. Can't believe something that isn't ice cream and full of sugar tastes this good!

Anonymous said...

can u eat something along with this or just this for breakfast,like eat half of this with almond flour bim with egg and cheese?

Anonymous said...

Hi. This was really yummy! I was afraid to try it with cottage cheese but it was a surprising treat. I am going thru the THM book now and feel overwhelmed... Could you please tell me why/how this is an S . Is it the cottage sheesh or the chocolate maybe? Thanks for your help. Will be back to your site.

Anonymous said...

Love this, I added some unsweetened coconut and coconut extract! Delish❤️