"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

My Skin Care Routine For Adult Acne


I have struggled with acne prone skin since my early teens. I have tried just about everything! Even seeing the dermatologist didn't help, the harsh products actually made my skin worse. 

I have been using this routine for a while now and it has actually worked very well for me. Of course I still have break outs, especially once a month, but I can keep most my acne at bay with this routine. It seems like a lot of products but it is actually very quick and simple. It's not so much the products I use it's the order in which I use them and the active ingredients that they contain that makes the difference.

In the morning:

I wash my face with Neutrogena Acne Stress Control cleanser. This has salicylic acid that prevents future break outs and exfoliates the skin. I only in the morning because it dries out my skin to much if I use it two times a day.

I use Origins Brighter By Nature SPF 35 (not pictured) before applying my make up. I really like this moisturizer because is has an SPF of 35 and it gives the perfect hydration without looking oily. Plus it doesn't break my skin out.

In the evening:

I wash my skin with Simple Moisturizing Face Wash twice. Yes twice, once to get my makeup off and once to wash off any oil and other yucky stuff. I really like this cleanser because doesn't dry out my skin and really gets off my makeup well.

I remove my eye makeup with pure olive oil and a tissue. 

Then I apply Acne Free Terminator spot treatment on my acne prone areas. I let this dry completely before using my next product. This is more for prevention than for a spot treatment. Any spot treatment will be fine as long as it has Benzoyl Peroxide in it. I also like Neutrogena On The Spot Treatment for this application too.

Next I put a few drops of Tarte Maracuja Oil in my palm and rub gently all over my face. This stuff is amazing! It sounds strange to put oil on oily skin but this stuff absorbs well and is silky soft. My skin stays perfectly moisturized with this oil and it is supposed to be amazingly good for your skin too. I also like argon oil for the same reasons.

Then I gently apply  Dr Brandt Overnight Resurfacing Serum. I really love this product! It contains retinal which keeps wrinkles at bay and also resurfaces the skin overnight.

Lastly I use Mario Badescu Drying Lotion on any emerging or existing acne. This is a zit miracle product! Most the time my pimple is gone or at least half what is was the day after I use it. I look funny going to bed with spots all over my face but its worth it to have clear skin.



I hope this is helpful for any of you who suffer from acne. It can really lower your self esteem to see spots all over you face. Believe me I know.
All you can do is lower your stress level, eat healthy, don't pick at your face and establish a skin care routine that works for you. So keep trying and don't give up!

Liz Marie Blog

1 comment:

Megan, TfDiaries.com said...

I think it's going on 14 years with acne, I hate it! Some things work some dont, i like your routine!

Xo Megan